Thursday, May 26, 2016

This spring I have been attending Workshops at Carole Mayne's Leucadia Studio.    It has been exciting to practice by learning about other artists and their techniques.


Fractured Fruit
8 x 10"
Oil on Board


Julie Oliver Ford's Fracturing process was the topic for this painting.    It was painted from life realistically then intentionally the lines and shapes were "broken" with a small rubber tool and then painted over.  It shows that by "fracturing" your painting you can actually create cohesiveness.  Here is a link to Julie's blog describing the process:   
http://juliefordoliver.blogspot.com/2013/02/after-fracturing.html


A study of a Maggie Siner landscape



This is a study of a Maggie Siner landscape.   Copying a photo of her piece helped me see how to simplify and let loose.   Her website is:
maggiesiner.com










14 x 11"
Tammy's Berm in Olivenhain
Oil on Board


I attempted to use what I had learned from Maggie to paint this landscape from a photo I took not far from my home.   I did loosen up a bit but there is more study to be done!












8 x 10"
Birthday Peonies
Oil on Board

8 x 10"
Carole's Larkspurs
Oil on Board


In these two florals I attempted to keep a looser style and use broken edges to unify the paintings.   Studying other artists is an excellent way to explore your own style!

As always, thanks for viewing my art.  



No comments:

Post a Comment