Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nancy Medina Flower Painting Workshop

11 x 14
Oil on Canvas
Nancy Medina Workshop One
I attended a fabulous flower painting workshop here in San Diego given by Nancy Medina.   She has a very technical, methodical painting process that I found easy to understand.   She uses transparent colors for an underpainting and then punches up the colors with opaque on top - keeping cool and warm colors in mind.   As a class we painted these first two together.

11 x 14
Oil on Canvas
Nancy Medina Workshop Two


6 x 6
Oil on Panel
Dyed Zinnias
 


Since Nancy was flying home to Texas she asked us San Diegans to help ourselves to the flowers from the workshop.    I chose stunning pink zinnias (dyed!) and some blue larkspur.    I painted these using her method.  

3 comments:

  1. Wow...thank you for sharing Jill! These are beautiful! What a wonderful class, where did you take it through?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just purchased your Dyed Zinneas while on a getaway in Del Mar. This little treasure is sitting next to my desk inspiring me every day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! I am so happy you found my blog. It warms my heart to know that one of my paintings has found a good home:) I hope you continue to enjoy it. Sincerely, Jill

      Delete