Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wine and Flowers   Oil on Canvas   11 x 14"
It has been quite a while since I have painted in a format other than 6 or 8 inch square.   However, my subject matter has not drifted far from my favorites ... glass and sunflowers.   Sometimes the comfort of the familiar is just what you need!   I set up this still life but also took a photo with my Ipad.   It was fun using both painting from life and technology tricks at the same time.   This will be on display at the art show on May 6 at MartinFine Art as well the San Dieguito Art Guild's Mothers Day Tour and then on to the Off Track Gallery in June if no one has decided to adopt it!  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill, I love it! beautiful colors and composition. I think any mother would be thrilled to receive this painting as a mother's day gift. The sunflowers have such a warm glow. Best wishes at the May 6th art show!

    ReplyDelete