Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bruschetta Anyone?

This basil is from my garden and it is beginning to go crazy out there in the bright sunshine! It is fun to get ready for summer recipes ... waiting on the tomatoes. I have always wanted to find a way to connect gardening, cooking and art. This is a good combination! This painting is all about the dark background against the white. The sun shinging through the olive oil was tricky - it was a brighter yellow than you would believe! Enjoy, and just try not to have an Italian dinner tonight!

6 x 6 Oil on Panel

2 comments:

  1. Makes me think of a trip I took with a group of painters to Tuscany...and discovering what real olive oil was all about !!! Can't wait to see and taste all the delights at your next show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job here, Jill. The deep red background is really nice. I can just smell the fresh basil!

    ReplyDelete